Air Canada Cargo selects OAG Cargo’s AFRA for their eRate channel
OAG Cargo is pleased to announce that AFRA has become one of Air Canada Cargo’s eRate publishing and distribution channels across its America network. The introduction coincides with the beginning of the autumn and winter rate distribution which will now enable AFRA subscribers to have access to Air Canada Cargo’s rates.
AFRA is the leading online rate distribution and management application; an efficient tool that radically reduces the need for forwarders to call and negotiate individual shipment rates. Over 9,700 users – representing 418 member airlines, 149 GSAs and more than 220 freight forwarding companies - access AFRA in an operational environment on a daily basis.
Commenting on the co-operation with Air Canada, Mr Stephen Baggett, Director Sales, Americas added: “AFRA is a complete software solution for airlines looking for an efficient way to distribute their rates and contribute to improved yield management. We are delighted that Air Canada has chosen us to take the next step towards utilising electronic business transactions with their business partners. OAG Cargo supports IATA’s eFreight initiative to drive business efficiencies and cost savings within the global cargo transport chain and AFRA is the leading tool to achieve this aim.”
AFRA has recently been optimized and enhanced. The application now benefits from a fresh new look, easy to use navigation and numerous usability improvements that will help airlines manage their rates and forwarders secure the best rates for their customers. Among other new features, AFRA can now capture spot prices and search for previous spot prices. It also supports both Special Handling Codes and Special Commodity Rates.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
OAG Cargo UK Press Office
Phone: +44 (0)844 822 1658
About OAG Cargo | www.oagcargo.com
- OAG Cargo is part of UBM Aviation group, specialists in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events for the global aviation industry.
- The company provides business critical information/communication to the aviation cargo marketplace and related industries by engaging with the air cargo community, applying its understanding and adapting to the dynamics of the industry.
- The company operates from regional offices in The Netherlands, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States and has a network of local representatives around the world.
About Air Canada | www.aircanada.com
Air Canada is Canada's largest full-service airline and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services in the Canadian market, the Canada-U.S. trans-border market and in the international market to and from Canada.
- Together with its regional partner, Air Canada Express, Air Canada serves over 33 million customers annually and provides direct passenger services to over 170 destinations on five continents.
- Air Canada's cargo services division, Air Canada Cargo, is Canada's largest provider of air cargo services and provides direct cargo services to over 150 Canadian and international destinations, and has sales representation in over 50 countries.
- Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance™, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network.