OAG Worldwide Ltd, the global content management company specialising in travel and transport, today announced the acquisition of Inforwarding B.V., a Netherlands-based Internet company providing marketing exchange and rates services to the airline cargo and freight forwarder community.
- 88,000 extra world-wide flights in January alone
- US, Asia-Pacific and Middle East lead the recovery
- Tsunami tragedy - too early to gauge impact on scheduled airline confidence
OAG, the world’s largest supplier of flight data, has joined forces with Lufthansa Consulting (LCG) to offer new services which will improve airline schedule planning, market-potential evaluation and airport route development.
OAG Worldwide Ltd., the global content management company specializing in travel and transport, today announced the launch of Inforwarding, an Internet-based service (www.inforwarding.com) providing operational information and rates distribution services to the airline cargo and freight forwarder community.
OAG CargoWire™ delivers hot news, tips, trends and tactics for corporate shippers, forwarders, 3PLs, airlines
- After four years of gradual recovery the Worldwide number of flight volumes is now exceeding those of Q1 2001
- Year on year flight volumes have increased by 5%
- Low-cost airlines and Asia-Pacific outpace global growth rates
- 160 potential airline start ups
- Low-cost airlines now operate one in eight of all flights
- Europe, Middle East and Africa lead the way
- Asia-Pacific sees low-cost ops double
AFRA will enable Kuehne + Nagel to seamlessly capture contract, promotional and general airfreight rates from airlines and GSAs, speeding up its existing market information and buying processes and enabling the company to buy airline capacity in the most efficient way. AFRA provides advanced features to create and distribute sales and internal nett rates to customers and other network offices. It also allows for rates to be easily uploaded from various sources and in a variety of formats.
Today in Beijing, the leading provider of information technology solutions for China’s air travel and tourism industries, TravelSky Technologies Ltd., signed a 5 year co-operative agreement with OAG Worldwide that will give increased visibility to the Chinese aviation market.
OAG MAX Online, a revolutionary new service offering market intelligence on global flight schedules and related data, is launched today by OAG. Requiring no IT or database expertise, it offers quick and easy internet access to critical information necessary for competitive advantage in the air transport industry.